Through Scripture, prayer, and study we learn the traits of fruitful and effective leadership, shaping ourselves around the Mission of the church, “To love God, and love our neighbor.”
• We listen for God’s call through scripture, study, prayer and contemplation.
• We believe in the importance of Scripture with a commitment to develop an understanding of the Bible.
• We are an inclusive congregation, believing that each human being is created in the image of God, and we welcome cultural and ideological diversity.
• We are open to adaptation and personal growth through prayerful discernment of God’s vision for today’s world.
• We express our love for God and our neighbors with a commitment to action in pursuit of justice for all.
• We honor God’s passion for the world through loving and just stewardship of ALL creation.
• We use Scripture and the Social Creed of the United Methodist Church to guide our actions.
In response to our Mission and Value Statements, we commit to the following:
• To grow our faith so that we become better disciples through scripture, study, prayer and contemplation.
• To continue to be a radically welcoming congregation so that we exemplify our belief that each human being is created in the image of God.
• To maintain a haven of love and unconditional acceptance so that everyone will experience God’s love and grace.
• To live out our mission statement so that we fulfill God’s vision for St. Andrew.
• To share the Gospel so that others may come to know Christ.
• To make St. Andrew an integral part of life in our communities, so that we can respond to the needs of people living in the region and the world, helping us to enact God’s vision of justice for all.
• To be faithful to core United Methodist beliefs so that our connection to the larger United Methodist community expands our outreach throughout the world.