United Methodist Women.
St. Andrew’s United Methodist Women (UMW) is a vibrant group of women which meets on the first Thursday of each month, September through May at 7:30 PM in the fellowship hall.
Our purpose: to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
What has St. Andrew’s UMW been up to this year? Take a look!!
• We demonstrated at Daley Center against human trafficking.
• Provided awareness programs concerning: Head Start; Water Conservation, Internet Usage and Information, the benefits of yoga, Ubuntu mission, and the St. Andrew food Pantry.
• Hosted a church-wide picnic, a UMW Conference meeting, the Justice For Our Neighbor fall meeting and the United Methodist Men district meeting.
• We collected birthing kits for United Methodist Committee On Relief (UMCOR).
• Sent food packages to our college students twice!!
• Collected school supplies for a classroom in Michigan (along with the whole congregation).
• Three UMW members attended Mission U – one led a class!
• Gave one scholarship for an attending Mission U member.
• Donated monies to: St. Andrew Food Pantry, DuPage Women’s Shelter, and special guest speakers
• Demonstrated and sent letters concerning current issues – especially immigration.
• Sending four members to UMW Assembly in April 2014!
Come join the giving!!!